Monday 5 May 2014

Bank Holiday Happy Monday!

I've had a crazy busy last few weeks but today, on Band Holiday Monday, I am taking a much needed day off! No admin, composing or computers, except for posting this! :-)
So here's what I have been up to...


I've written two new Music Audio Stories and production for both of them have already began which is really exciting! I'm working on a new Showreel which will feature predominantly classical piano compositions and I'm also working on several more new pieces too. I've recently updated my studio set up so things are taking a little longer than they normally would as I am still getting used to how everything works! 


I spent an interesting afternoon at The Royal College of Music this week when I attended a Composition Workshop. I have to admit, I didn't agree with a few things the tutor said about what's required to be a great composer but I guess that's the Rock'n'Roll in me! I believe certain people have a natural talent and have the ability to compose amazing music without extensive knowledge of whats been done before or advanced scoring abilities. However, it was a nice day and I particularly enjoyed the lunch time concert that the students put on. As I sat in that concert hall, I was amazed at the thought that I too have performed in that very same hall several times, many years ago with my school. Of course then, I was living a different life but being back there again made me realize how far I have come as a musician and person and I am happier than I have ever been before!

And now, for today, I'm going to kick back in the sun with some lovely food and drinks and great company.
It can't be all work and no play! ;-) 

Anna-Christina

PS. Music Audio Stories are coming on Funky Kids Radio tonight at 7pm if you want to tune in and listen. Here's the link: http://www.funkykidsradio.com.au/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment